(b.Barcelona 1941) graduated in architecture at his native city's Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura in 1965 (a year after its founding) with his friends Pep Bonet, Cristian Cirici and Oscar Tusquets of PER, the design studio that is still one of the most important and original manifestations of the so-called Barcelona School. United by a common cause, the four musketeers of Catalan New Wave went on to produce witty, cerebral, refreshingly ironic architecture that epitomised the inevitable contradictions of Spain's multi-faceted critical climate at the time. Clotet's subsequent and more personal collaboration with Oscar Tusquets lasted until 1983 and resulted in major achievements like the Villa Regàs and its belvedere in Llofriu (Gerona, 1970-72; widley regarded by critics as a one of the first postmodernist buildings), the Villa Vittoria on the island of Pantelleria (1972-75), the La Balsa restaurant in Barcelona (winner of the Fad Prize in 1979), the project for a hight school in the district of Raval (1980-81), the restoration and extension of the Palau de la Mùsica Catalana in Barcelona (1981-83), the Banca de Espana in Gerona, the project for the extension of the faculty of Medicine of the Barcelona University (1979-82), and the competition project fot the Museum of Modern Art in Frankfurt (1983). His more recent work with Ignacio Paricio includes the Palacio de Los Deportes n Granada (1992), the Viviendas of the Olympic Village in Barcelona (1992) and the municipal swimming-pool in Badalona (1995). Clotet taught design from 1977 to 1984, and was one of the founding partners of B.D. Ediciones de Diseño, the company for which he designs internationally acclaimed furniture and objects.